I have fought them for so long that fighting is all I can remember... but sometimes the only way to defeat them is to become one of them.
From the dark and mysterious lands of Bulgaria comes a grim warrior, who is determined to fight and prevail against the eternal forces of Quake. His weapons are not blades and bullets, but words and knowledge, for knowing thy enemy is the first step towards victory.
He is now working to improve this compendium of Quake knowledge, so that the next generation of warriors will know the proud heritage of Quake and be prepared for their own battles against the darkness.
And so it begins...
17 May 2012 - 100 days since I joined this Wiki. Something I am definitely happy about :)
25 August 2012 - 200 days on the Wiki! Time flies when you're having fun, indeed!
08 February 2013 - One full year of work on this Wiki. And every second of it was precious :)
Apart from gaming, I also love writing - fiction or poetry, depending on my mood. My favorite writer is Isaac Asimov and I've read nearly all of his works. I like heavy music - rock, metal, industrial (e.g. Slipknot, Rammstein, Therion, etc.). I also enjoy sci-fi movies or TV series (e.g. Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica, Andromeda, etc.), as well as some criminal investigation shows (e.g. CSI: New York, NCIS: Los Angeles, Bones, etc.).
I majored in journalism and political science in college, and I also have a Master's degree in English Philology. Currently, I work as a full-time professional translator. The best thing about it is that my schedule is flexible (leaving me enough time to edit Wikis).
I am also working on the brand new Heretic/Hexen Wiki. Make sure you come and visit. If you are a fan of the series - feel free to contribute.
I always enjoy a friendly chat, so feel free to write me about anything that comes to your mind (even if it's not Quake-related).
I am an oldschool player - I use WinQuake for the original Quake, and the original software renderer for Quake II.
While speedruns can be fun to watch, they're not quite my cup of tea. My playing style is slower and methodical. I like to take a good look at the "scenery" and get as many kills and secrets found as possible.
I will try to fill in the missing data in this Wiki (there are lots of missing pages related to the Mission Packs, for example), create new pages if necessary and mercilessly hunt down spelling/grammar mistakes (I am a Grammar Nazi, so beware!).
Let the Quaking commence!
- Improve pages about Q1 Episodes and levels.
- Create and improve pages about Q2 Units and levels.
- Create pages for the Q3A and TA maps. (lots of work here)
- Take more screenshots.
- Solve consistency issues, especially in older pages
- Have fun :)
Editor of the Month :) Edit
Quake Games/Expansions I Own and Have Played (A Lot!)Edit
- Quake Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon
- Quake Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity
- Quake II
- Quake II Mission Pack: The Reckoning
- Quake II Mission Pack: Ground Zero
- Quake 3 Arena
- Quake 3 Team Arena
- Quake 4
UNOFFICIAL Quake Add-ons I Have PlayedEdit
- Aftershock for Quake
- Abyss of Pandemonium - this one is pretty good, actually. I recommend it :)
Quake Games I Have NOT Played YetEdit
- Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
- Quake Live
- Quake 5 (it's a bit hard to play something that does not exist yet :P )
Other Games I EnjoyEdit
As a whole, I play a lot of old classics. I believe that games used to be made much better back in the old days, when fun and gameplay were a bit more important than graphics. A large part of my games collection requires DosBox to be played ;)
- id's Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Master Levels for Doom II, Final Doom, Doom 3, Resurrection of Evil
- Raven's Heretic & Hexen series
- id's Wolfenstein 3D, Spear of Destiny, Return to Castle Wolfenstein
- Star Wars stuff (e.g. Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Yoda Stories)
- Rise of the Triad
- Descent, Descent II
- Blizzard's Diablo/Hellfire, Diablo II, Lord of Destruction... and StarCraft
- Monolith's Blood, Blood II and Claw
- Westwood's classic C&C and Dune series
- Infocom's old Zork series, Enchanter, Sorcerer, Spellbreaker, Wishbringer
Me on other WikisEdit
The Grammar NaziEdit
Reading this Wiki is a lot more enjoyable when there aren't any silly mistakes in it. Our dark mistress, Shub-Niggurath, does not tolerate bad spelling & grammar, so please be careful, especially if you don't want your soul to be devoured and condemned to eternal suffering :)
Here is a guide to some of the more common mistakes these days. If you are in doubt about something, you can use this little guide:
It's and ItsEdit
- It's = "it is"
- Example: "It's time for you to go."
- Its = possessive pronoun, meaning "belonging to it"
- Example: "Watch out for that Shambler - its lightning bolt is deadly!"
There, Their and They'reEdit
- There = denotes location, as opposed to "here"
- Example: "I can see something over there."
- Their = possessive pronoun, meaning "belonging to them"
- Example: "The Strogg harvest human bodies to bolster their numbers."
- They're = "they are"
- Example: "Look at those damn gremlins. They're up to no good!"
We're, Were and WhereEdit
- We're = "we are"
- Example: "We're going to be late if you don't hurry up!"
- Were = past tense of "are"
- Example: "You were victorious yesterday."
- Where = pronoun denoting place/location
- Example: "Where is our air support?!?"
You're and YourEdit
- You're = "you are"
- Example: "You're late for the party."
- Your = possessive pronoun, meaning "belonging to you"
- Example: "What happened to your friend from Rhino Squad?"
Who's and WhoseEdit
- Who's = "who is"
- Example: "Who's in charge here?"
- Whose = denotes possession
- Example: "Whose shotgun is this?"
Lose and LooseEdit
- Lose = to cease to be in one's possession or capability
- Example: "You can lose a lot of money if you agree to this deal!"
- Loose = free from restraints, unfastened
- Example: "A wild bear is loose on the streets. Stay at home and lock the doors!"
If you have come this far, there is one more thing left for you to do. If you haven't done so already, create an account and start working on this Wiki. If there is something missing - add it. If there is something wrong - fix it. There is a lot of work to do, and if we don't do it, no one else will ;)
Enjoy the Quake Wiki!
Well Done! You have achieved 1000 edits! Keep this Certificate on your User page to show people how much you have contributed!