1 (blaster), 5-10 (melee), 6-12 (shock prod)
|“||An almost completely robotic brute, controlled by a brain that floats around inside it’s metal body in a red preserving fluid.||”|
—Quake 2 Manual
In Quake 2, a Technician is a floating mechanoid, comprised of two halves; the upper half is a transparent tube, containing a head or brain floating in a red liquid, cybernetically linked to a respirator and all of its other equipment. Its lower half is purely mechanical, comprising a weak blaster for ranged attacks and two claws for melee attacks (its left one looks like a two-finger claw, and its right one looks like a small deformed fork/trident), as well as four jets enabling its flotation. The Technician has surprisingly high health, so make sure to break out your powerful weapons when you see one.
- Alone, technicians are easy to kill. Take out a shotgun, super shotgun, machine gun, chain gun, hyperblaster, Railgun or explosives and blow it away. A group of them is just as easy to take out, so don't worry if you see some floating towards you.
- With other enemies, a technician is a nuisance at best. Its blaster does pitiful damage, so don't worry about it. Even its melee attack doesn't hurt too much, so just ignore it or hurt it with splash damage from explosives aimed at other enemies.
- Player was blasted by a Technician (Blaster)
- Player died (Shock prod)
- Player was gouged to death by a Technician's utility claw (Claw)
|The Technician spotting an opponent|
|The Technician being injured|
|The Technician being killed|
- Technician's face is visible both on the front and the back of its upper half, although it can't see with its back-face.
|Characters||Bitterman · Viper · Willits|
|Expansions||The Reckoning · Ground Zero|
|Enemies||Light Guard · Machine Gun Guard · Shotgun Guard · Barracuda Shark · Enforcer · Berserker · Gunner · Flyer · Parasite · Mutant · Brains · Medic · Icarus · Technician · Gladiator · Iron Maiden · Arachnid · Tank · Tank Commander|
|Bosses||Super Tank · Hornet · Guardian · Jorg · Makron|
|Weapons||Blaster · Shotgun · Super Shotgun · Machine Gun · Chain Gun · Grenade · Grenade Launcher · Rocket Launcher · Railgun · Hyperblaster · BFG10k|
|Powerups||Adrenaline · Armor Shard · Jacket Armor · Combat Armor · Body Armor · Ammo Pack · Bandolier · Enviro-Suit · Invulnerability · Key · Megahealth · Quad Damage · Rebreather · Silencer · Stimpack|