|Damage Per Hit||
|Rate of Fire||
- "For when a grenade positively, absolutely, has to be there on time."
- — Quake Manual
The Rocket Launcher, or "RL", is one of the most potent weapons in Quake. Getting hit by one is a one-hit kill if you don't have any armor, and its splash damage can do the same if you're close to the point of impact. Unlike most other guns besides the Grenade Launcher, this gun will never switch automatically when the player runs out of ammo of all other guns. In Dissolution of Eternity, the Grenade Launcher and Rocket Launcher get Multi Rockets that shoot multiple Rockets|rockets/grenades at once.
- In single player, the Rocket Launcher is a devastating weapon. Since the enemy AI is rather dumb in its behavior, it's pretty easy to launch rockets straight at them without worrying that they'll avoid the rocket. It's also very useful against faraway Spawns, as one explosion can set off a chain reaction that will get rid of most of the Spawns in a room. If they start to attack, don't use it against them, as if you hit them from close-range, you'll feel the effect of the Spawn and the rocket's explosion.
- Don't use the RL against the Fiend and Shambler. The Fiend's tendency to jump means that it'll usually get much closer to you as you're firing the rocket, and the Shambler takes half-damage from explosives.
- This is where the Rocket Launcher truly shines. As stated earlier, the RL can kill an unarmored target with one shot. The RL can also juggle enemies in the air via its splash damage, keep enemies away from you, and be used to Rocket Jump.
- Unless you're a really good shot, try to aim at a target's feet. While the splash damage may not kill them in one hit, it'll cause enough damage so that the next shot will kill them and will usually toss them away from you. If they get tossed far away from you, try to take them down with the Nailgun or Super Nailgun until they get to where your RL can be effective again.
- Just remember that the RL's splash damage can hurt you as well, so don't try to use it in tight areas unless you're absolutely sure that you can survive the splash damage.
Death by Own RocketsEdit
- Player becomes bored with life
Death by Enemy RocketsEdit
- Player rides Attacker's rocket
- Player was gibbed by Attacker's rocket (if target is gibbed)
- Player was brutalized by Attacker's quad rocket (if attacker has quad)
- Player rips Target a new one (same as above)
|Expansions||Scourge of Armagon · Dissolution of Eternity|
|Bosses||Chthon · Shub-Niggurath|
|Barriers and Hazards||Button · Door · Electric Pylon · Falling Spike · Guillotine · Lava · Laser Trap · Movable Wall · Nail Trap · Radioactive Container · Slime · Spiked Sphere · Teleporter · Unholy Altar · Water · Wind Tunnel|
|Level Exits||Arch · Exit Gate · Rune Gate · Slipgate|
|Powerups||Health(15)(25)(100) · Armor(Green)(Yellow)(Red) · Biosuit · Pentagram of Protection · Quad Damage · Ring of Shadows|
|Weapons||Axe · Grenade Launcher · Nailgun(Super) · Rocket Launcher · Shotgun(Double-Barrelled) · Thunderbolt|
|Other||Crates · Dopefish|