|Machine Gun Guard|
Machine Gun: 2 (per bullet)
|“||Bigger, meaner, and deadlier than above... with a machine gun for a right arm.||”|
—Quake II Manual
In Quake II, the Machine Gun Guards are one of the three Stroggified humans who wear gold and black armor. Machine Gun Guards are equipped with a Machine Gun. They are rather common throughout the game, though less than their brothers.
The Machine Gun Guards weapon is an instant effect weapon that fires a random number of bullets, anything from 4 bullets (8 damage) to 11 bullets (22 damage). It is fairly easy to dodge although out of all the bullet weapons the enemy use, this is the most difficult to dodge. The Machine Gun Guard likes to close the gap between him and the player to give him better accuracy. They have the most health of the three guard classes.
- Alone, the Machine Gun Guard is a very easy kill, although more difficult than the Shotgun and Light Guard. The Machine Gun Guard still has little health and can easily be killed with any weapon before he can deal any serious damage.
- A group of Machine Gun Guards can tear you apart at close range when added up, so keep your distance and mow them down with the Machine Gun or explosives.
- With other enemies, the Machine Gun Guard can do quite a bit of damage if you're not paying attention. To get rid of it, shoot an explosive at it or get it in between the player and a stronger enemy so that the Machine Gun Guard is killed in the cross fire but attention isn't taken off the more lethal bigger enemies. The explosive will gib it and inflict splash damage on nearby enemies.
- It is advised that this guard is led into a group, where it is easy to get into a fight.
- Sometimes a downed Guard of any of the three classes (Light, Shotgun or Machine Gun) will perform a final attack before actually dying, which can be dangerous if your health is low and you're right in front of him. Either avoid the attack or take a few extra shots to gib the body.
|Expansions||The Reckoning · Ground Zero|
|Enemies||Light Guard · Machine Gun Guard · Shotgun Guard · Barracuda Shark · Enforcer · Berserker · Gunner · Flyer · Parasite · Mutant · Brains · Medic · Icarus · Technician · Gladiator · Iron Maiden · Tank · Tank Commander|
|Bosses||Tank Boss · Hornet · Jorg · Makron|
|Weapons||Blaster · Shotgun · Super Shotgun · Machine Gun · Chain Gun · Grenade · Grenade Launcher · Rocket Launcher · Railgun · Hyperblaster · BFG10k|
|Powerups||Adrenaline · Armor Shard · Jacket Armor · Combat Armor · Body Armor · Ammo Pack · Bandolier · Enviro-Suit · Invulnerability · Key · Megahealth · Quad Damage · Rebreather · Silencer · Stimpack|