Storage Facility is the second level of Fortress of the Dead. It consists of several storage rooms with crates and a series of corridors. There is also a pool of Water, featuring moving platforms and a deadly ventilator fan near the bottom, and several underwater tunnels. The level's most impressive feature is a force field bridge (shown in the screenshot) that one must activate in order to reach another area.
Quick Level Completion Edit
Proceed forward until you hear a teleportative sound effect. Look behind yourself, then kill the Grunt that you see. Turn left, then enter the entrance forward and left of you. Kill the Rottweiler in there, then collect the Nailgun in this corridor. Look left until you see the opposite end of the corridor. Kill the 2 Grunts and the Rottweiler that appear. Collect the 2 large boxes of Nails up against the corridor wall right of you. Proceed forward at the end of the corridor, then turn right. Kill the 3 Grunts in the large room in front of you. Proceed forward until you hear a Centroid. Look left, then kill that enemy. Collect the the Double-Barrelled Shotgun in the center of this large room. Turn right, then collect the 2 small boxes of Shells up against the wall between two lights. Face the two small boxes of Shells both left and ahead of you, up against the wall to your right. Collect both of those boxes. Proceed forward at the opposite end of the corridor, collecting both the 25 Health to the left and the 15 Health to the right, both up against the wall ahead of you. Turn right, and kill the first Enforcer ahead of you. Proceed forward at the end of the hallway, and kill the other Enforcer ahead of you. Enter the Water both below and in front of you. Face the large fan to the right, and attempt to collect the 100 Health in front of it. Move backwards once you collect that Health. After you are totally unpulled, look behind yourself. Proceed forwards and enter that large hole to your left. Continue down this large pipe until you reach its end. Turn left until you see the watery exit above and in front of you. Go up that water, then reach the metal end in front of you. Take a left turn, then get on the Elevator in front of you. Look behind yourself. Proceed forwards until you see an Enforcer and a Grunt downstairs. Kill them both. Turn left, and collect the 100 Health in front of you. Take a right turn, then proceed down this first staircase. Press the red Button on the wall left to the barred window. Turn around and continue down the lowest staircase in this room until you exist in the next hallway. Kill the Grunt to the left of you, and the other Grunt to the right. Go forward until you see the open entrance that had the living Centroid in it. Go into open entrance until you hear a Grunt. Turn right, and kill the two Grunts across from you, the second existing farther away. Collect the 25 Health in front of you and the 15 Health in front of it. Continue down this corridor until you see an Enforcer to the upper right side, then kill him. Proceed straight down the red force field bridge to the next corridor until you hear a Rottweiler. Kill the Rottweiler to the right of you, and kill the 2 Grunts across from you. Kill the Enforcer in the room with those dead Grunts in it. Proceed into the circular area until you hear another Rottweiler. Kill the Rottweiler. Collect the Red Armor in this circular room, then proceed down the hallway to your right. Stop when you see an Enforcer way across from you, then kill him. Continue down the corridor until you hear a Grunt. Turn right, and kill him. Get up the staircase in front of you, then collect the Silver Keycard on this upper platform.
Return down the red force field bridge, and kill the Enforcer straight across from you. Go into the water below you. Collect the 2 large Cells across from the open entrance, and the Rockets near that entrance. Collect the Wetsuit and the Empathy Shield at the opposite ends of this underwater area; to the left and right ends, respectively. Return to the large square room with the underwater fan in it. Open the floodgate to the right of you in the middle of the wall. After you reach the end of that entrance, collect the small box of Shells to the right, and the two 25 Health across from it. Collect the other small box of Shells behind you, and the 2 small Cells across from that box. Emerge from the Water, and kill the Grunt and the Enforcer in on the metal surface to the right of you. Collect the Rocket Launcher in front of the red Button on the middle of the wall. Turn right, and collect the 2 small Rockets across from you. Look behind yourself, and collect the Yellow Armor way across from you at the opposite end. Return to where you collected the Rocket Launcher, facing the red Button in front of you. Press that Button. Turn right, and kill the Enforcer forward and on an upper platform. Kill the Rottweiler that follows him. Look right until you see 2 Enforcers with a Centroid between them. Kill those three enemies way ahead of you. Follow the path left of you to where the living Centroid was, and collect the 2 small Shells in front of you. Collect the 25 Health on the right floor ahead of you. Look behind yourself, and proceed to the end with the open entrance on the left wall ahead of you. After you hear the Enforcer, turn left and kill him. Push the red Button ahead of you, then turn right. Get on to the second platform across from you as soon as both platforms are both stationary and in front of you. Look to the left, and kill the Enforcer at the open entrance across from you. After the platform arrives at his open entrance, continue forward. Once you hear the next Enforcer, turn right. Kill that Enforcer. Reach the opposite end of the corridor, then face the staircase to the left from you. Go up those stairs, and kill the 2 Grunts and the Rottweiler in front of you. Continue forward to the end of the corridor, then turn left again. Collect the Super Nailgun across from you at the end of this corridor. Turn right, and kill the Grunt several yards in front of you. Continue forward until you hear enemies in an ambuscade. Kill the 6 Grunts and the Enforcer down here. Look up, and kill the Enforcers above you. Collect the two large boxes of Nails to the right of the Elevator ahead of you. Look behind yourself, and jump on the first set of small crates in front of you. Jump on the next set in front of you. Take a few steps forward, then look left. Jump on the next set of crates in front of you, then jump on the final set with the 100 Health to the left. Face the small box of Shells to the right and across from you. Jump over to that large stack of crates with the Shells. Turn right, and collect the two small boxes of Rockets forward and below you. Face the small stack of Crates to the right and across from you, and get on them. Face the Nailgun left of you, and jump onto the big Crate in front of you with the Nailgun. Face the Elevator to the right of and below you, and get onto it. Take the right path to the two 25 Health up against the right wall. Collect the 2 large boxes of Shells ahead of those 25 Health. Follow the path and collect the 2 small boxes of Rockets with the Gold Keycard between them. Continue down the path until you reach the open entrance. Look into that entrance, then go down it to the end of the corridor. After reaching that end, kill the Grunt downstairs to your right. Proceed downstairs, and kill the next Grunt, who appears from the left side. Face the Proximity Launcher to your left, and collect it. Facing the now open entrance to your left, take a step or two forward. Kill the Enforcer in front of and below you. Another Enforcer should show up in this room. After he does, kill him.
Return to the two moving platforms that exist above Water. Get onto either one of those platforms. Look left until you see a Centroid. Kill that opponent, then wait for your platform to exist by the open entrance where that living Centroid existed. Continue down this corridor, collecting the two 25 Health on the floor ahead of you. Open the yellow force field in front of you, then enter the Elevator room. Press the Button to your right, then face the wall across from that Button. Kill the Grunt in the hallway in front of you, then collect the 2 large boxes of Nails near the entry to this Elevator room. Continue forward before the end, then kill the Grunt on the opposite ledge across from you. Look down, and kill the last Grunt in there. Fall down and collect the two 25 Health ahead of the Slipgate and to the left and right of it, respectively. Enter the Slipgate.
Differences from Easy to Normal Edit
- There exists a new Enforcer in the room with the Rocket Launcher.
- Another Grunt and another Enforcer exist in the room with the Proximity Launcher.
- After one collects the Proximity Launcher, a Centroid appear in the next room below, rather than an Enforcer.
- An Enforcer shall exist across from that Centroid.
- In the hallway with the yellow force field, an Enforcer will be present.
- An Enforcer exists in the Elevator obstructed by that yellow force field.
- An Enforcer exists in the hallway to the exit.
Differences from Normal to Hard/Nightmare Edit
- The area above and behind the Rocket Launcher contains 2 Centroids instead of just 1.
- The hallway to the exit contains a Centroid rather than an Enforcer.
- There exists an Enforcer to the left of the exit.
- #1) There is large ramp near the level's start. The area can be reached through a small window further in the level. A Wall to the left of the ramp is slightly sunken inwards. Shoot it to reveal a Quad Damage.
- #2) In the room with several stacks of Crates, face the archway, and then jump onto the stack to the right. Jump across to the stack on the opposite side of the archway to get a Yellow Armor.
- #3 There is a Shootable Button above the doorway leading to the large room with the force field bridge. It opens the Door directly across from the Silver Keycard, yet for a very short time. Using your Proximity Launcher stick a proximity grenade directly on top of the button and run to the platform where the Silver Keycard was. After a few seconds the proximity grenade will explode and activate the Button, opening the Door and creating a Bridge for you to cross which leads to HIP1M5: Military Complex.
- There exists a Green Armor across from the Slipgate.
- A new portal exists next to the entry Slipgate.
- There are 2 small boxes of Rockets near that new portal.
- The entrance in the Double-Barrelled Shotgun room is already open.
- There are no Bars in the barred window.
- In the Elevator shaft to the Button for the red force field bridge, there exists an open entry to a room that contains a Thunderbolt and another Teleporter. The Elevator shall never stop for this room.
- After taking that Teleporter, one shall be teleported to a roof in the area with the Rocket Launcher. To the right are 2 small boxes of Cells with a Laser Cannon across from them, and to the left are 2 large boxes of Rockets with a Pentagram of Protection across from them.
- The entrance to the Button that activates the force field bridge is already open.
- A Proximity Launcher exists in the corridor across from the red force field bridge and near the Red Armor.
- Three large boxes of Rockets exist in the room with the Red Armor.
- The 2 moving platforms in the aquatic area have been replaced by a four-way bridge.
- The upper hallway leading out of the Crate room contains a Grenade Launcher.
- The room that had the Proximity Launcher contains a new hallway containing two 25 Health, one large box of Shells, and one large box of Cells.
- The staircases in the Rocket Launcher room are already lifted.
- The gates on the Silver Keycard floodgate are completely gone.
- There exists a new teleporter across from the exit Slipgate.
- A Ring of Shadows exists before the Secret Slipgate.
|HIP1M1: The Pumping Station||Quake Levels||HIP1M3: The Lost Mine or HIP1M5: Military Complex|