|Damage Per Hit||
50 per slice
Slicing and knockback
|Rate of Fire||
Single slice every 400 milliseconds
Melee range of 32 units
In Quake 3 Arena and 4 multiplayer, the Gauntlet is a circular-saw-like melee weapon that, with the Machine Gun, is one of the weapons a player has when he spawns in. If somebody is killed with it, the announcer says "Humiliation!".
- The Gauntlet is the weapon to humiliate somebody with! If you've managed to take off a lot of somebody's health, but they haven't died, run up to them and kill them with it.
- If you have to use the Gauntlet as a real weapon, try to surprise the enemy by hitting them in the back. Ambush your enemies from the corners, from the side or when they're distracted by pickups or other opponents. Rushing them plainly from the front will most likely get you killed.
- If you see somebody with the Gauntlet, run away and fire at them. As long as you're moving away from them, it'll be difficult for them to get up to you and attack. Be careful not to back into a wall though; if you do, you're dead meat.
- Being an unique type weapon, Gauntlet generates invisible short ranged bullets to hit detect. Gauntlet once it contacts it deals 50 damage then knocks away the victim, without adding extra damage. That ability would be useful to keep the close enemies away from the pickups you're about to take and "deny" them. At the other hand it tosses them away from you so you lose your chance to make a second contact under a second.
- Considering the high rate of fire and damage output, this weapon can be more useful than it seems. If you encounter a group of players fighting in close quarters, it may be worth your while to pull out the Gauntlet., it is better if your foes don't see you before you attack. If you have a Shotgun, you should never need the Gauntlet.
- With Quad Damage combination with the Gauntlet, you would kill full health enemies with a single slice.
|Characters||Anarki · Angel · Biker · Bitterman · Bones · Cadaver · Crash · Daemia · Doom · Gorre · Grunt · Hossman · Hunter · Keel · Klesk · Lucy · Major · Mynx · Orbb · Patriot · Phobos · Ranger · Razor · Sarge · Slash · Sorlag · Stripe · Tank Jr. · Uriel · Visor · Wrack · Xaero|
|Weapons||BFG 10K · Gauntlet · Grenade Launcher · Lightning Gun · Machine Gun · Plasma Gun · Railgun · Rocket Launcher · Shotgun|
|Powerups||Armor(Light)(Heavy) · Armor Shard · Battle Suit · Flight · Haste · Invisibility · Megahealth · Personal Medkit · Quad Damage · Regeneration · Stimpack · Teleporter|
|Enemies||Berserker · Convoy · Gladiator · Grunt · Light Guard · Machine Gun Guard · Shotgun Guard) · Gunner · Harvester · Hornet · Iron Maiden · Repair Bot · Scientist · Sentry · Tactical Strogg · Tank (Light)(Heavy) · Teleport Dropper · Turret · Zombie|
|Bosses||Stream Protector · Voss · Network Guardian · Makron · Nexus|
|Weapons||Blaster · Dark Matter Gun · Gauntlet · Grenade Launcher · Hyperblaster · Lightning Gun · Machine Gun · Nailgun · Napalm Launcher · Railgun · Rocket Launcher · Shotgun|
|Powerups||Armor Shard · Small Armor/Light Armor · Large Armor/Heavy Armor · Haste · Megahealth · Quad Damage · Regeneration · Stimpack|