The Haunted Halls is the seventh and Secret Level of The Netherworld. The level consists of a series of challenges for the player - either deadly traps or monster encounters. The architecture features narrow dark corridors and several larger chambers, all of which have pools of Lava in them.
This level brings back the Vore as a regular enemy. The level is rather tight and crowded, and requires the player to endure many enemies with very little room to dodge.
Quick Level Completion
- Follow the corridor to an Elevator.
- At the top, follow the corridor to a room with a Button to the right.
- Go through the newly opened doorway to the right, follow the corridor, and go through the Teleporter at the end.
- Follow the corridor to an Elevator to the right of a room.
- Go down the straight corridor at the intersection and press the Button.
- Return to the intersection and follow the corridor to an Elevator on the right side.
- At the top, follow the corridor to a Button.
- Return to the lower floor and go through the newly opened doorway to the right.
- Follow the corridor to a dead end, then shoot the Button on the right wall.
- Drop through the hole in the floor and push the Floorplate, then turn around and shoot another Button to teleport to the upper floor.
- Follow the corridor to a room separated in the middle by Lava.
- Press the Button to the left, and go up the newly raised Elevator to the right.
- Follow the bridge to the opposite side and drop to the lower floor.
- Go through the Door and follow the corridor to the exit.
Turn right twice around the corridor. Collect the two 25 Health to the left. Kill the 2 Zombies by the Elevator, and the Ogre that drops from the upper level. Collect the Rockets and go up the Elevator. At the top turn right and collect the Rockets. Turn right once more and collect the Green Armor. Turn right once more to the bridge overlooking the lower level, and kill the Ogre that comes out of the Door that opens on the opposite side. Turn left into the next room, kill the Ogre to the left, and the 2 Zombies to the right. Collect the Rockets to the left by the locked Door, and press the Button the the right to open the Door. Go through the Door and collect the Nails to the left. Cross the bridge with Lava and go through the Teleporter. Once on the other side, kill the Ogre to the left. Collect the two 25 Health to the right. This room overlooks the room with the Button opening the Door to the Lava bridge. Follow the corridor to the left into a room with a pit in the middle, which raises as you get closer to reveal a Fiend. Collect the two 15 Health to the left, and the Rockets by the Elevator in the upper right corner. Kill the Ogre at the top of the Elevator and turn right. To the right is a bridge overlooking the lower room with a locked Door at the end, so go straight into the next room and kill the Ogre. Press the Button at the end, then turn around and kill the 4 Zombies that raise at the doorway. Go back to the bridge with the locked Door and kill the 2 Scrags. Turn right through the newly opened doorway and kill the Ogre straight ahead, the Ogre to the left on the platform that intersects with the straight platform, and the 2 Ogres on the tower overlooking the room straight ahead. Beware of the Lava to the sides, and collect the Shells at the intersection. Shoot the red stained Vent to the right for it to move to reveal an alcove behind (#1). Follow the passageway under the tower, and go left to collect Yellow Armor. Take the left passageway from the intersection and collect a 15 Health to the right. The Door to the left is locked, so instead go right up the Elevator. Drop back to the lower floor, and drop into the hole where the Elevator was (#2). Turn right at the top to the tower, and collect the Nails, Rockets, and Shells. Press the Button to open the Door to the left of the lower floor of the tower Elevator. Collect the two 25 Health past the Door, and don't go down the stairs to the left into the Lava.
Straight ahead is a platform with Lava to the sides, an Elevator to the left that returns from the lower floor, and a locked Door straight ahead. Drop to the ground below by the wall closest to the entrance to collect a 25 Health and 15 Health. On the opposite side of this narrow platform is Nails, and in the middle is the Elevator that was to the left of the upper floor, which is where it returns you. At the intersection look to the right for a shootable Button, which opens the floor in the middle of the intersection to the cage below. A Fiend will jump out of the cage, and an Ogre will spawn by the Elevator to the left. Drop through the hole in the cage to press a Floorplate that opens the Door straight ahead on the upper level. Turn around and shoot the Button to return to the upper platform. Through the doorway collect the two 25 Health and turn right, and left at the end of that passageway. Collect the Nails by the window to the right. Go down the stairs and kill the Death Knight to the right. As you start to walk to the right, turn back towards the staircase, but to the left more to a Death Knight and 25 Health. Go into the Nail Trap room to the left and kill the Ogre that drops from the platform above. By timing your movements of moving to the next Nail Trap after each shot, cross the Nail Traps and turn right at the end into a room separated in the middle by Lava. Kill the Vore on the opposite side, press the Button to the left, and go up the Elevator to the right. In the far left corner look up and shoot a Button to move a Wall beside (#3). At the top turn around, and then right onto a bridge going to the opposite side of the room over the Lava. Kill the Ogre on the bridge, and another Ogre in a window to the right, which lowers a Wall on the floor below. Jump on the window to open Doors on the top leading to a corridor beyond (#4). To the left is the Elevator which raises back to this platform, so drop off to the right instead. Collect a 25 Health by the Door. Go through the doorway to the right and kill the Ogre. Turn left and go down the corridor to get to the Rune Gate.
Differences from Easy to Normal
- Fiend replaces Ogre in doorway at top of first room
- 3rd Zombie and Scrag in Button room to small Lava bridge
- 2nd Ogre in Button room to unlock Door at end of bridge overlooking pit room
- 3rd Scrag spawns on bridge overlooking pit room when Button is pushed to unlock Door at end of bridge
- Ogre to right after doorway leading to room below tower
- Vore replaces Fiend in cage when Button is shot, does not jump out, stays in cage
- When Button shot to open cage, Ogre spawns on lower floor by Lava to right
- Ogre to left of near platform in divided Lava room
- Death Knight on upper bridge in middle of divided Lava room
Differences from Normal to Hard/Nightmare
- 4th Scrag spawns on bridge overlooking pit room when Button is pushed to unlock Door at end of bridge
- When Button shot to open cage, Shambler spawns by locked Door
- Ogre replaces Death Knight on upper bridge in middle of divided Lava room
|(#1)||In the room below the tower, shoot the Vent with blood stains on it to the right to move it and reveal a Quad Damage behind.|
|(#2)||Ride the Elevator beside the tower, than drop back to the lower floor and drop into the hole below the Elevator. Collect a 100 Health and go into the Teleporter to return to the lower floor room of the Elevator.|
|(#3)||In the dividing Lava room on the far left side, shoot the Button looking straight up to move a Wall, revealing a room with 2 Zombies, 100 Health, Yellow Armor, and a Quad Damage.|
|(#4)||In the dividing Lava room on the second floor bridge, jump to the window to the right to open a pair of Doors. Turn right through the corridor and collect the Nails and Pentagram of Protection, then drop off the ledge at the end to return to the Nail Trap room.|
- Super Nailgun on upper floor of starting room
- Nailgun by small Lava bridge
- Rockets by bridge overlooking pit room
- Grenade Launcher in Button room to unlock Door at end of bridge overlooking pit room
- Rocket Launcher at top of tower
- Red Armor by bottom of stairs near Nail Trap room
- Rocket Launcher on upper bridge in middle of divided Lava room
- Ring of Shadows by Rune Gate
- Button room to unlock Door at end of bridge overlooking pit room
- Upper floor of starting room
- Corridor leading to room below tower facing towards tower Door
- Corridor leading to room below tower facing towards bridge overlooking pit room
- Room by Elevator of tower
- Near platform in divided Lava room
|E3M4: Satan's Dark Delight||Quake Levels||E3M5: the Wind Tunnels|