|Damage Per Hit||
|Rate of Fire||
The Blaster is the starting weapon in Quake 4, a small energy pistol that fires hitscan energy projectiles. Like its Quake 2 counterpart, the Blaster is very weak, and should only be used against weaker enemies such as guards. Notably, it's one of only two weapons that supports an integrated flashlight.
While charging, an indicator at the end of the weapon emits a bluish glow, the projectile will be a little slower as well.
- You'll start off with the Blaster. You'll be forced to use it for a short time until you get a Machine Gun. The Blaster may seem useless, but it is the only weapon in the game that has infinite ammo and one of the few that don't need to be reloaded, making it useful in the early missions as well as in the Strogg Medical Facilities. Also, it can be used to illuminate dark areas. However, use the Machine Gun instead whenever it is available.
- The Blaster is quite weak, with a normal shot doing about half the damage of a Machine Gun bullet or Hyperblaster bolt. Even the Charged Shot, while stronger, needs at least two hits to kill even the weakest of foes.
- The Blaster's charged shot is also lethal to the Zombies found in the Waste Processing Facility. Note that they are the only enemies in the game who can be killed with a single charged shot, unless any Guard, Scientist, or Sentry is shot in the head.
- The Guards has a time gap while aiming the player, use this timing to take the headshot.
- The Blaster can be more useful than you think, especially in the early part of the game. Its rapid semi-auto action and perfect accuracy on medium range make it lethal in the hands of a skilled player.
- If you feel comfortable with this gun, try to use it on weak enemies to conserve ammo for stronger weapons. this is useful after the level Nexus Hub.
- The Blaster doesn't appear in multiplayer - in its place is the Gauntlet.
- In Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, the blaster is the Strogg version of the GDF pistol. However the blaster has infinite ammo (countered by easy overheating), while the pistol does not overheat, but requires ammo.
- The Blaster can fire either single, extremely weak shots or more powerful charged shots in a manner similar to the Plasma Pistol from the Halo series or the Dispersion Pistol from the Unreal series.
- Due to its relative weakness, the Blaster is almost never seen in the hands of other Marines, though its probably used as a sidearm among the Marines.
- Before you obtain the Machine Gun, this is your flashlight, press flashlight button (default key F) will draw out this weapon.
|Enemies||Berserker · Convoy · Gladiator · Grunt · Light Guard · Machine Gun Guard · Shotgun Guard) · Gunner · Harvester · Hornet · Iron Maiden · Repair Bot · Scientist · Sentry · Tactical Strogg · Tank (Light)(Heavy) · Teleport Dropper · Turret · Zombie|
|Bosses||Stream Protector · Voss · Network Guardian · Makron · Nexus|
|Weapons||Blaster · Dark Matter Gun · Gauntlet · Grenade Launcher · Hyperblaster · Lightning Gun · Machine Gun · Nailgun · Napalm Launcher · Railgun · Rocket Launcher · Shotgun|
|Powerups||Armor Shard · Small Armor/Light Armor · Large Armor/Heavy Armor · Haste · Megahealth · Quad Damage · Regeneration · Stimpack|